A Plot Summary Appraisal is a 2- to 5-page evaluation specifically focused on developing and refining your novel’s plot. Rather than assessing your manuscript itself, I will ask you to send a summary of your plot, not exceeding 10 pages (double-spaced, font-size 12). Depending on where you are in your writing journey, your summary might be presented as a detailed synopsis or as a chapter by chapter breakdown. I will then use your summary to assess your plot, focusing on areas such as:
- overall structure
- key plot points
- character arcs
- loose threads
- intention and complication
The appraisal will give you a clear, objective assessment of how your plot is working, along with guidance for tightening and developing current weaknesses. It is a cost-effective service designed to support you in the earlier stages of novel writing.
Jennifer’s editorial eye is absolutely excellent. She understood my story immediately, seeing right through to its heart in no time. She had some really good ideas about how to ensure the structure was fully functioning, as well as ensuring that each chapter moved my main character forward and kept the pace. I can’t recommend her highly enough!Chrissy, MG author
Is the Uplift Plot Summary Appraisal the right service for you?
The Plot Summary Appraisal is ideal for:
1) Plotters, who would like to develop their novel-plan before beginning to write the manuscript.
2) Pantsters, who are writing their first draft and feel that they are losing their way.
3) Writers who have finished their first draft and who are now struggling to view their novel objectively enough to begin the second draft.
For many of you, the act of producing a plot summary might be enough to help you to consider your plot objectively and to get it on track independently.
However, if creating this document highlights your need for support, the Uplift Plot Summary Appraisal is the right service for you.
I’m ready for an Uplift Plot Summary Appraisal. What next?
1) Check the price works for you.
2) Fill in the form using the link below and I will send you an email to let you know when I can schedule your appraisal.
3) If the schedule works for you, you can send me your plot summary (up to 10 pages, double spaced, font-size 12) along with a cover email listing your main plot concerns.
4) When your appraisal is ready, I will send you a notification email along with the invoice for full payment.
5) I will send your appraisal to you upon receipt of payment.
6) If you have any queries about your appraisal, you can send these through in one follow-up email within 2 weeks of receiving your appraisal.